5.08.2013

OMG! How Do I Use That?

Happy Wednesday!

My friend, Jenifer, and I came up with a little scrappy challenge for each other last week.  We both had the same sheet of patterned paper that we hadn't used yet.  This was mainly because it had a very bright and graphic design and also because we didn't want to cut into it and ruin the amazing effect, so it was sort of a stumper, lol!

So we decided to set a date to complete a layout using the paper to see what we could come up with.  I was instantly inspired by our "friendly" little challenge and here's what I came up with...


At first, I had every intention of cutting the paper up.  But I just couldn't make myself do it...I knew once I cut into it, I would never be able to go back, ha!  So I dug into my photo stash and found this black & white pic of me and my daughter hanging out and being silly with my iPhone.  She loves to snuggle up with me and take random "selfies".  It's too cute!


I used products from Studio Calico and Life.Love.Paper. for this layout.  I really like the effect the black and white had against the bold, colorful design of the background paper.  I also added a splash of color with some Mister Huey's Seafoam spray mist, which is one of my new favorite colors!


I don't know why I was so "afraid" of using this paper...this turned out to be one of my all time favorite layouts!  Who knew?!?!


Now head on over to Jenifer's blog to check out how she used the same piece of patterned paper.

Do you have a piece of patterned paper or product you're afraid to use?  If so, I "challenge" you to pull it out and use it!  You'll love the results!

Have a great day and TFL!

8 comments:

  1. Love your layout! I can't wait until our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love this!!! That paper also intimidate me but I love what you did!!! Fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Adrienne! I love that you guys made the challenge and posted on the same day. Cool idea! Love what you did with the paper. I also love this piece but wasn't sure how to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great you challenged each other, and boy has it helped me lol. I have some sheets that I'm into sure how to use, so using a black & white photo is such a good idea

    ReplyDelete