6.22.2016

Keepin' Cool *Hip Kit Club*

Hi everyone! 

I shared a really super simple and quick way to add a few tags to a layout on the Hip Kit Club blog yesterday. I used the June 2016 Hip Kits for this page and I really love how the fresh summer vibe and colors in this month's kit look with the photo of my two youngest kiddos having a blast at a local splash park.

keepincool1

I grabbed the geometric tag from the HKC exclusive Everyday ephemera pack (available in the June 2016 Main Kit) and a couple of coordinating PL cards from the June 2016 Project Life Kit and positioned the geometric tag on top of where I wanted to create a new tag, using it as a template.

keepincool2

I placed the original tag over the sentiment or design I wanted to use from the PL cards and simply hand cut around it to create a new tag. I also used a very small hole punch to create holes at the top of the new tags and in just a couple of minutes I had enough tags to use on my layout.

keepincool3

I layered one of the tags over the June calendar PL card and another under the "Such Great Times" sentiment ephemera piece on the right side of my page. I also placed an Everyday puffy sticker from the June 2016 Embellishment Kit and a few more ephemera pieces around the tag making an easy embellishment cluster.

keepincool5

I added the original geometric tag that I used as my template along with another tag that I cut out from the lovely Jen Hadfield Everyday Dotted Chevron patterned paper, which is available in the June 2016 Paper Kit, and layered them together on the left side of my page to balance out my overall design.

keepincool4

I hope I've given you some inspiration on creating your own tags and using them for your next project. Sometimes if I'm in a hurry (or just being lazy) I like to cut things out quickly and easily by hand rather than set up my computer or Silhouette.

Thanks so much for joining me and have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment